Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Letterpress

As you can tell from my insanely original title, this post is all about Letterpress. The do it at home kind too. But I'm having a bit of a dilemma. For Christmas, a wonderfully nice person (my mother) gave me a letterpress machine, the kind from Lifestyle Crafts. I was insanely excited to play with my new toy, but then the ink got everywhere. (I do not, I repeat, do NOT exaggerate)
Anyone else out there who has one of these, is it just me, or do our tries NEVER turn out like this?

The ink ends up everywhere on the paper, the adhesive sticky sheet thingy doesn't stick well, and every time I go to the store to get some cleaning wipes, they are always out. Well wasn't that fun to clean up?? :)

I don't mean to sound like I hate the machine, I mean I would LOVE to be able to do it right, and to have fun doing it, I just need some guidance in the right direction.
I didn't even take a picture of my attempts, I was so put out. BUT- Tomorrow is another day, right? And they do say practice makes perfect.

(But your comments will help oh so much more that practice.)

So, have you had any failures like mine? Any amazing successes? (And what is your secret?)

Well, have a lovely night and I hope to hear from you soon!

Pictures from the Lifestyle Crafts Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment